Because Adriatic Slovenica allowed their clients access to their portal, which again allows them to view all of their concluded insurances, they had to divert a lot of attention to fast data processing, high availability, and foremost ask themselves, if their data was safe. One of the weaker links in this chain could also have been the disk fields; that is why in 2016 they decided for an elementary renovation of their central storage system. Every element of their infrastructure had to work flawlessly, so they wanted to buy a storage system, which will have the capacity to maintain disk level replication, using NAS as well as SAN protocols and enable a scale-up and scale-out expansion for further progressing capacities.
When deciding on a storage system, they took a big interest in evaluating all of their options, as well as each price, and possible functions, which each storage systems provides. They decided for NetApp, because of the following reasons:
• SSD disk groups for the most performance-complicated applications
• SATA disk groups with SSD accelerated read/write operations
• Thin provisioning/FlexVol
• Block-level data Deduplications
• In-line / off-line data compression
• Hardware virtualization (SVM)
• Direct antivirus protection of the storage system
• Asynchronal replication on NetApp FAS2554 systems in Ljubljana
• Responsiveness, assured with the help of QoS
• Intern knowledge for system administration
“We are very happy with our decision choosing them. Today, our storage system serves us good and we barely notice it, what was also our main goal, because we wanted the storage systems to work on its own, without much attention of our system administrators. The Our Space group efficiently watches over our storage operations and proactively informs us of new possible upgrades or existing flaws. If I was to make a new decision on whether to buy the storage system or not today, I wouldn’t change a thing.”
Edi Šimec, CIO, Adriatic Slovenica d.d.